- 1 package pepperoni slices
- 1 can pitted ripe olives
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 packages of refrigerated French bread dough
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 can pizza sauce (optional)
2. Place bread dough, seams up, on cutting board. Slice each loaf lengthwise, end to end, cutting halfway through to center of loaf; spread open flat. Lightly sprinkle dough with flour. With a roller, roll dough open, creating a well down center of each loaf.
3.Spoon half of the pepperoni mixture down center of each loaf. Gather up edges over filling, pinching firmly to seal. Place loaves seam side down on a pizza stone into an “X” pattern. Crisscross ends of dough into a large figure “8”.
4. Separate egg with egg separator. Beat egg white and seasoning mix; lightly brush over dough with a pastry brush. Cut 3 inch slits in each of the top sections of the twist to reveal the filling.
5. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over loaf. Bake 30-32 min or until deep golden brown. Remove to cooling rack; cool 10 min. Cut into 16 slices. Serve with warm pizza sauce, if desired.