8ounces uncooked rigatoni 1tablespoon olive oil 1cup finely chopped onion (about 1 medium) 1(10-oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed 3cups cubed cooked chicken breasts 1(14.5-oz.) can Italian-style diced tomatoes 1(8-oz.) container chive-and-onion cream cheese 1/2teaspoon salt 1/2teaspoon pepper 1 1/2cups (6 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
Preparation1. Prepare rigatoni according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, spread oil on bottom of an 11- x 7-inch baking dish; add onion in a single layer.
3. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or just until tender. Transfer onion to a large bowl, and set aside.
4. Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels.
5. Stir rigatoni, spinach, chicken, and next 4 ingredients into onion in bowl. Spoon mixture into baking dish, and sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake, covered, at 375° for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.
Sausage 'n' Spinach Pasta Bake: Substitute 3 cups cooked, crumbled hot Italian sausage for 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts. Reduce salt to 1/4 tsp., and omit 1/2 tsp. pepper. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Makes 4 to 6 servings