Sunday, February 8, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Beautiful Burger Buns
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
- 1 (2- to 2 1/2-pound) boneless chuck roast, trimmed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup cola carbonated beverage
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 6 hamburger buns
Combine roast and chopped onion in a 4-quart slow cooker.
Combine cola and next 7 ingredients; reserve 1/2 cup in refrigerator. Pour remaining mixture over roast and onion.
Cook, covered, on LOW 10 hours or HIGH 6 hours or until roast is very tender; drain and shred roast. Keep warm.
Combine reserved 1/2 cup cola mixture, ketchup, and butter in a small saucepan; cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until thoroughly heated. Pour over shredded roast, stirring gently. Spoon onto buns, and serve with potato chips and pickle spears, if desired.