Monday, February 25, 2008
Friday, February 1, 2008
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup beef gravy
PREHEAT oven to 375ºF. Brown meat in large skillet. Meanwhile, mix potatoes, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and the garlic until well blended.
DRAIN meat. Return to skillet; stir in vegetables and gravy. Spoon into 9-inch square baking dish; cover with potato mixture and remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
BAKE 20 min. or until heated through.
**Save 70 calories, 9 grams of fat and 5 grams of saturated fat per serving by preparing with extra lean ground beef, PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cream Cheese, 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese and KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese.
* 1 jar spaghetti sauce
* 1 box chicken broth
* 1 bag of frozen mixed veggies
* 1 can creamed corn
* 1 T dried minced onion (you could also use half an onion, sauteed in olive oil)
* 1/2 tsp garlic salt
* 1 tsp Trader Joe's 21 Salute Seasoning (or any good seasoning blend)
Toss it all in the pot, bring to a boil for 5-10 minutes, simmer for 20 minutes to an hour. Serve topped with parmesan cheese and a good chunk of bread, preferably
Tastefully Simple Bountiful Beer Bread. Enjoy!