These were also in the BG, but I had to repost here. They are that good. I divided the dough in two and mixed coconut in half and chocolate chips in the other.
Delicious Versatile Scones Recipe
* 1 cup sour cream (preferably low-fat)
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup white sugar
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup butter - very cold
* 1 egg
* 1 cup desired mix-ins
* (blueberries with lemon zest, dried cranberries and orange zest,
* dried currants, chocolate chips, etc)
1. In a small bowl, blend the sour cream and baking soda, and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
4. Cut in the butter.
5. Stir the sour cream mixture and egg into the flour mixture until just moistened.
6. Add desired mix-ins
7. (At this point you can split the dough in half or thirds for more variations)
8. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly.
9. Roll or pat dough into a 3/4 inch thick round.
10. Cut into 12 wedges, or cut with small biscuit cutter.
11. Place scones 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
12. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown on the bottom.