* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 packet taco seasoning
* Frieda’s Green Chile & Cilantro Polenta (or plain polenta if desired)
* Pictsweet Authentic Mexican Corn & Black Beans (or similar fresh or frozen veggies)
* 1 can of black beans (approx 14 oz)
* 1 small can tomato paste (approx 6 oz)
* 1 bag of shredded Mexican cheese (approx 2 cups)
1. Grease the bottom of a 13×9 baking pan. Slice polenta and place it in a layer in the bottom of the pan. Bake at 375 degrees while preparing ground beef mixture.
2. Prepare ground beef according to instructions on taco seasoning packet.
3. Add canned black beans (drained), tomato paste, and frozen veggies to skillet. Mix well and simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. Take polenta out of oven, add beef mixture and top w/ mexican cheese.
5. Cook until cheese is golden brown and forms crust…about 25 minutes.
The only thing I’d change is adding more tomatoes…there weren’t enough in the frozen veggies. But I REALLY love tomatoes, so that’s just a personal preference. Obviously, not everyone will be able to find those specific products, so improvise as necessary.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Mexican Polenta casserole
I tried this tonight, but added a can of chopped tomatoes, as suggested by the poster of the recipe (melissatn). We really liked it. I used plain polenta.: